Founded in 1992 by Tony Andrews and John Newsham, who were also founders of Turbosound in the 1970s. They are widely known for their pioneering work and ethos which established many of the principles which subsequently became standard audio industry practice.
The Funktion-One Resolution 5 Touring system is a superior point-source alternative to the line-array standard that the audio industry has adopted for large scale events. Line array systems achieve a long throw coverage pattern through constructive interference, by contrast point-source systems have minimal interference between cabinets and produce a more accurate sound reproduction. The coverage of a point source system can be tailored to fit the audience geometry in both the horizontal and vertical planes, unlike line array systems that have a fixed horizontal dispersion.
The Resolution 5 Touring enclosure is a high intensity three-way, mid-high loudspeaker used to create accurate point-source arrays. The unique and patented midrange Axhead loading device not only gives incredible efficiency and dispersion control, but also increases high frequency output from the 8″ cone driver. This means that the crossover point to the compression driver can be raised to around 6kHz for dramatically reduced distortion compared to the compression driver based midrange systems so prevalent in the industry. Its highly controlled and focused dispersion enables precise tailoring of overall system coverage, simply through the geometry of the array. Unwanted room reflections are thereby substantially reduced, maintaining the enclosure’s high intelligibility. The system’s flexibility in application makes it suitable for any event size from 500 people to the largest festival. Its innovative and simple integrated flying system, combined with minimal size and weight, allow for easy and effective flying or ground stacking. The Resolution 5 is economic in terms of system cost, production budget and truck space. Above all, the accuracy and sonic quality it delivers are exceptional for all genres of music.
- Superior point-source alternative to line-array
- Fully horn loaded for high efficiency
- Integrated inter-cabinet flying system
- Supplied with protective wheelboard
- Optional scrim for discrete appearance
- 25° Horizontal x 20° Vertical dispersion
- Festival and concert stages
- Medium and large scale touring
- Live sound reinforcement
- Dance events
- Type: Compact three-way trapezoid enclosure
- Frequency response: 114Hz – 18kHz ± 3dB
- LMF driver: 12″ (300mm) horn-loaded low-mid
- HMF driver: 8″ (165mm) horn-loaded high-mid
- HF driver: 1″ (25mm) exit HF compression driver
- Rated power (AES): LF 300W MF 200W HF 100W
- Sensitivity (1W/1m): LF: 105dB, MF:111dB, HF: 113dB
- Nominal impedance: LMF 8Ω, HMF 16Ω, HF 16Ω
- dispersion (-6dB): 25° horizontal x 20° vertical
- Crossover: 445Hz active, 5.7kHz active
- Connectors: 2x EP-6
- Dimensions: (W) 484mm x (H) 975mm x (D) 510mm
- Weight: 49kg
The F121 provides outstanding bass performance from a moderately sized enclosure making it the bass of choice for many diverse applications. Similar in output power to an F218, this single 21” version of the F221 can be used with virtually all Funktion One mid-high loudspeakers to great effect. The advanced loading and driver design of this high-efficiency product provides audiences and crowds around the world with stimulating and satisfying experiences. The F121 comprises a horn-loaded and very robust Funktion One designed 21” driver with 6” voicecoil and Neodymium magnet.
- Advanced andrews’ loading
- High output from moderately sized enclosure
- Funktion-One designed driver with neodymium magnet
- New driver orientation provides improved cooling
- High impact bass reproduction
- Long throw bass projection
- Concerts and touring
- Dance events
- Type: Single 21″ band-pass horn
- Frequency response: 40Hz – 250Hz ± 3dB
- Driver: 21″ neodymium
- Rated power (AES): 750W
- Sensitivity (1W/1m): 105dB,
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω
- Crossover: 114Hz LPF active
- Connectors: 2x Neutrik NL-4
- Dimensions: (W) 582mm x (H) 852mm x (D) 1019mm
- Weight: 72kg
The Resolution 5 Touring system can be deployed in a ground stack or a flying array.
Groundstack systems can be three, four or five wide to produce up to 100° of horizontal coverage and can also be stacked two high to provide up to 30° vertical coverage. Clusters of R5T can be flown up to five wide and four deep.
The F121 subs can be stacked up to form the base of a groundstack or can be stacked on the ground underneath the flying R5 cluster.
The service wouldn’t be complete without our team of experienced sound designers, engineers and system technicians who work together to create an immersive audio experience that is second to none. As sound reinforcement specialists, we pride ourselves on providing the purest sound with maximum dynamic impact.
Hire a Funktion-One system for your next event!